Since the funds originate from a current bank account, the issuing bank must authorize the transfer. No third parties can access this information. To transfer money directly to a betting site, the user should have the following prerequisites:
- Bank name and branch address
- Bank account number
- IBAN/BIC/Swift Code for international transfers
- E-Banking credentials
If the betting platform uses a foreign bank account, the punter may need assistance to complete the transfer. However, customer support from the bank and the gambling provider is always available should the player encounter any issue.
In addition, players can deposit funds through their smartphones when betting on a mobile platform, thanks to mobile banking. The basic steps to depositing funds via bank wire are shown below.
- Navigate to the cashier page of the betting site and choose ‘Deposit’
- Click on ‘Bank Transfer’ or ‘Wire Transfer’
- Fill in the amount to transfer to the betting account, bearing in mind the minimum deposit
- Add the banking details as requested on the site
- Finalize the security checks as required by the bank, e.g., SMS code or QR code
- Enjoy sports betting once the money reaches the gambling account
Typically, direct bank deposits take two to five working days. This is simply an electronic transfer of money from one bank account to another. It can involve local or international banks. As long as the user has an e-banking account, their financial provider will take care of the rest after a request. The minimum and maximum deposits differ according to the terms and conditions of the gambling site.